Newcastle upon Tyne, Quayside.

Helpful Information


Tenants Deposit Protection
Your landlord must register your deposit in a government-backed tenancy deposit scheme (TDP) if you rent your home on an assured shorthold tenancy that started after 6 April 2007. This means that at the end of your tenancy both Landlord and tenants must agree any deductions made before the deposit will be released.


Gas Safety Check
Landlords are required to check all gas appliances annually by a gas safe registered engineer. The engineer must provide a certificate and ensure a copy is left in the property.


Energy performance certificate (EPC)
Prior to letting a property Landlords must have an Energy performance certificate which will show an energy efficient rating. This is required to be done every 10 years and the certificate will contain information about a property’s energy use and typical energy costs.

Council Tax
It is your responsibility to pay the council tax or inform Newcastle City Council of your exemption if you are a student. You can exempt yourself by either obtaining a letter from your university or college confirming your student status which you then take to any Newcastle City Council customer service centre. You can call the council tax department on 0191 232 8520 or email

Daley Lettings have a vast amount of properties available and will help you to find your perfect home. Please call 0191 2399388 and we will arrange an appointment for you to view a selection of properties.

© Copyright Daley Lettings | Student Lets in Newcastle upon Tyne | Privacy Policy | Tenant Complaints Policy